Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Top George Best Quotes

During his early years at Old Trafford, Best was a shy teenager who passed his free time in snooker halls. However he later became known for his long hair, good looks and extravagant celebrity lifestyle, and appeared on Top of the Pops in 1965.

1- Maradona Good, Pele Better, George BEST (Irish Proverb)



2- "In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life."


3- I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.


 4- If you'd given me the choice of going out and beating four men and smashing a goal in from thirty yards against Liverpool or going to bed with Miss World, it would have been a difficult choice. Luckily, I had both.


5- I used to go missing a lot... Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World.


6- I've stopped drinking, but only while I'm asleep.


7- He cannot kick with his left foot, he cannot head a ball, he cannot tackle and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's all right. (On David Beckham)

8- There have been a few players described as the new George Best over the years, but this is the first time it's been a compliment to me. (On Cristiano Ronaldo)


No comments:

Post a Comment